OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
RAOS Project Oy recognizes its “Duty of Care" to ensure the health and safety of its employees, as well as subcontractors, suppliers and site visitors, and undertakes to fulfill this duty in compliance with applicable legal requirements and this Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
The Company’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy sets out the obligation of the top management and line managers to act in compliance with the applicable occupational health and safety law, other corresponding requirements as well as the principles aimed at prevention of harm to health and at continual improvement. The Occupational Health and Safety Policy provides the basis for the Company to set its tasks and goals. The Occupational Health and Safety Policy is regularly reviewed and revised so that it contains all necessary information and is applicable to the Company’s operations under present-day conditions. As a part of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System, the Occupational Health and Safety Policy is used to monitor the observance of safety rules and to indicate the status of occupational safety in the course of works.
- sets occupational safety as a key value at the Company’s level;
- promotes the top management commitment and the leadership of managers at all levels in the matters of occupational health and safety;
- establishes a strong safety culture in the field of occupational health and safety;
- establishes work practices and programs the observance of which by the project personnel with the support by the local communities shall result in zero health and safety incidents;
- corresponds with the scope and scale of the Company’s activities, products and services in terms of occupational health and safety;
- sets forth the obligation to follow the principles of constant improvement and to prevent any violations in the field of occupational health and safety;
- includes the obligation to correspond to applicable statutory and regulatory requirements in the field of occupational health and safety and other requirements related to specified risks;
- provides the basis for setting goals and preparing action plans in the field of occupational health and safety;
- ensures safe working environment and workplaces for the project personnel that minimize the risk of occupational illnesses, reduce stress at work and enhance the employees’ well-being;
- secures the proper observance of occupational health and safety rules by its personnel, as well as guidance and cooperation with subcontractors (sub-suppliers) to ensure their compliance with the said rules;
- maintains efficient risk management system insofar the identified risks relate to OHS;
- ensures proper fulfillment of all applicable requirements: the ones set forth by the Law as top priority stipulated in signed contracts, requirements of the Project OHS Management System and ISO standards;
- announces its public commitment to maintain a high level of continual OHS improvement;
- is communicated to all the employees of the Company, to the persons involved by the Company in the Project works or acting on its behalf;
- is available for public.
All our employees are required to take care of their own health and safety and be responsible for those who may be affected by their work activities. It is mandatory to follow all instructions established to secure safe and healthy working environment.